Sunday, October 1, 2017

Stud Finder (1001 Dark Nights) by Lauren Blakely: Review & Excerpt Tour


Blurb:

Man seeking woman: Hot, rich, smart, witty, self-made multimillionaire Internet genius seeks classy, intelligent, sexy, fun-loving woman who’s interested in settling down and sharing all the good things.

There. Best. Ad. Ever.

I will absolutely find the woman of my dreams, someone who’ll love me for me. Even if my sister thinks I need help dating, I’m confident I can pull this off, courtesy of the great worldwide web.
Let me just hit the upload button right now...

* * *
No. Just no. As a woman and a professional matchmaker, I can't let Dylan Parker run this ad. He’s the catch of all catches. That’s why his sister has asked me to help her ridiculously good-looking, insanely rich, but socially clueless brother find a woman. As a broker of happily ever afters, I’m known as the Stud Finder since I make a great living pairing wildly successful women with men who won’t fleece them but will adore them. After all, what woman in her right mind wouldn’t fall in love with Dylan?

I mean, besides me. It totally won’t be me.

*Stud Finder is a standalone novella told in dual POV in the style of Lauren Blakely’s series of standalone rom-coms like Big Rock, Mister O and The Sexy One.






Click to Buy on Amazon:

.

Yvette's Review:

I'm kind of a rom-com junkie. I devour any and every rom-com I possibly can, which is why I’m OBSESSED with Lauren Blakely a.k.a. my regular supplier. Just the title and the blurb of the author’s newest release, Stud Finder had me eager to get my hands on this novella, but finally getting to read it was even better! I love a good opposites-attract romance and the pairing of a socially clueless tech genius and a consummately professional romance guru had me instantly intrigued. It’s an online versus IRL approach to matters of the heart in Stud Finder, a fun, flirty, modern-day romance from Lauren Blakely.

Who doesn't love a nerdy hero? Pretty much the second I was introduced to Dylan Parker, I was swooning over the adorkable tech genius. Sure, he might not know the perfect thing to say on a date, but the man is genuinely nice and gentlemanly with a wicked sense of humor. *Cue additional swooning* I found him to be charming, if a bit awkward, though the awkwardness was admittedly part of his charm. It’s up to Dylan’s self-appointed matchmaker, Evie, to whip him into dating shape, though things get complicated when the attraction between them becomes too palpable to ignore. Throw in some flirtatious banter, electric chemistry, and a few eventful not-quite-dates and you have the makings of a sweet, hopelessly romantic love story.

Told in alternating perspectives, Stud Finder is a lighthearted, endearing romance about looking past the superficial to see what's beneath the surface. It's a quick, devour-in-one-sitting type of read with plenty of humor to keep you grinning from start to finish and a romance that'll have you blushing and swooning nonstop.

*complimentary copy provided by the publisher for an honest review

Rating: 4.5 Stars

About Lauren Blakely:

Lauren Blakely writes sexy contemporary romance novels with heat,

heart, and humor, and her books have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and iBooks bestseller lists. Like the heroine in FAR TOO TEMPTING, she thinks life should be filled with family, laughter, and the kind of love that love songs promise. Lauren lives in California with her husband, children, and dogs. She loves hearing from readers! Her novels include Caught Up In Us, Pretending He's Mine, Playing With Her Heart, Trophy Husband, and Far Too Tempting. On November 21, she'll release the edgy new adult novel THE THRILL OF IT. She also writes for young adults under the name Daisy Whitney.

Social Media Links:


Excerpt:

The problem solver in me comes out in full force. I must show him the beauty of a made bed. “Come with me.” I grab the basket of mostly-eaten chips, dump the rest, return the salsa tubs to the counter for cleaning, and reach into my wallet to leave a generous tip in the jar.

He clasps his hand over mine, shaking his head. “My treat,” he says, his voice a soft, sexy whisper. I want to protest, to tell him I insist, but he curls his hand tighter, and I’m speechless.

His hand on mine sparks a wave of goosebumps on my arms, my body telling me I like his hands on me. I want more of his touch. I imagine how I’d feel if he ran his hand up my arm, to my shoulder, through my hair. A shudder races through me, and I do my best to tamp down my reaction to a suddenly overactive imagination.

“Thank you,” I say, my voice like a feather.

“You’re welcome.” His eyes never stray from mine, and for a sliver of time he holds my gaze by the counter at Mama une’s.

Then I wrestle my attention back to my plan. We leave, and fifteen minutes later, I stroll through the front doors of the Luxe Hotel. My friend Nate Harper is the CEO, and I’ve texted him for a quick favor. The concierge greets me and hands me a room key card. Dylan and I walk past the chichi sushi restaurant in the lobby, head to the elevator, and soon arrive at room 521. I slide the card in the door.

Dylan sets a hand on my arm. “Are you trying to seduce me?”

“No,” I say quickly. Too quickly. I’m not trying to seduce him at all.

I open the door, and a perfectly modulated blast of cool air greets us. We stroll across the navy carpet to a king-size bed perfectly appointed with a gorgeous white duvet and mountains of blue velvet pillows. I gesture to it, as if I’m a saleswoman, showing it off. “Tell me. Doesn’t this bed make you want to do everything on it?”

Then, to demonstrate my point, I fall back onto it, like a snow angel.

I prop myself on my elbows and meet his eyes. His green irises darken, and his lips part. He stares at me, and something shifts. The look in his eyes is no longer challenging. He’s not asking me to prove a point. His eyes are hungry. He stares as if he’s considering my question seriously, and I realize that maybe it does sound as if I’m trying to seduce him. I’ve pushed the limits here. I’m in a hotel room, trying to prove a point to a client, and in reality, my skirt is riding up my thighs, and I’m sprawled on a pristine, inviting bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment